James Baldwin once wrote:
You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read.
During my divorce, the most effective therapy for me was reading books…not just any books, but books on divorce.
As I started reading, I realized my story had very little unique about it and that I was far from being the first (nor would I be the last) girl going through the immense heartbreak of a split from who I thought was the love of my life.
Reading these divorce stories was one of the few sources of relief for me as it made me feel somewhat not alone and I hope it helps you too.
Here is my selection of some of the best books on divorce out there:
1. Breaking bonds: How to Divorce an Abuser and Heal—A Survival Guide
2. Divorce is awesome
3. Divorce simply stated
4. High-Conflict Divorce for Women: Your Guide to Coping Skills and Legal Strategies for All Stages of Divorce
5. Nothing says a good day like a divorce…if you prepare for it
6. It’s Called a Breakup Because It’s Broken: The Smart Girl’s Break-Up Buddy
7. Divorcing and Healing from a Narcissist: Emotional and Narcissistic Abuse Recovery
8. Divorce Inked Out: Identifying the Emotional Stages of Divorce
9. It’s OK That You’re Not OK: Meeting Grief and Loss in a Culture That Doesn’t Understand
10. Bitter divorce: Autobiographical book written by Antonio Alma
11. Yes Please
12. A Woman’s Guide to Surviving Divorce
13. Getting Past Your Breakup
14. Split: A Story of Love, Betrayal and Divorce
Thanks for reading my post. Please share it if you liked it. Please send it to someone who needs to read this.