I am very glad you are here and want to know more about me and what I do.
Who I am
I am an engineer by education, multicultural by origin and lifestyle.
I had to go through an awful divorce in a foreign country ( which is still not over yet) that almost destroyed my life.
Before the divorce, I had somewhat of an interesting life. I lived in different countries, learned to speak different languages, I worked in the Finance and Investment sector, trying to climb the corporate ladder like everyone else.
The separation in 2016 and the subsequent divorce proceedings were a turning point in my life and a major wake up call for me. It shacked all my being and ended up empowering me to change myself, my relationships and my outlook on life…but not without pain.
It is still very emotionally and mentally painful and challenging as I am still going through the divorce process but I am committed to share my journey with my readers and what I am learning everyday from it.
What I do
Although I doubt myself sometimes, I would like to believe that I am committed to become the best possible version of myself and live my life to the fullest. which I believe is the best revenge one could get after a rough transition in life.
I started this blog as a way to share my own journey ( the goods and bads) and what I am learning everyday.
My mission is to inspire YOU do the same and change YOURSELF to change your life.
In this blog, I share advice, resources, and practical strategies that will inspire you to transform yourself in the following areas:
- Dating & Relationships, to help women understand inter-sexual dynamic, boost their confidence, become high value and attract the right partner.
- Personal development, to help women live their best life through personal development: Inspiration, motivation, mindset, life vision, goals, resourcefulness.
Why should you follow me?
There are two ways people learn in life, mentors or mistakes…..
Unfortunately I did not have mentors to avoid making mistakes, so I made A LOT of mistakes and I had to learn the hard way.
The divorce was the ultimate trauma that made me realize that a change was very much needed. I became endlessly curios about human nature, and I had a burning desire to work on myself, because I understood that what went wrong in my life has to do primarily with ME ( Choosing the wrong partner is my fault not his).
I applied what I learned to myself and in the space of two year I was able to go from hopeless sad girl, with no direction whatsoever who:
- Went through a traumatic breakup ( the wake up call)
- Fear and anxiety about the future
- Found myself all alone in a foreign country, with no family or friends
- Had major emotional, confidence and self-esteem issues after the divorce
- Very pessimistic outlook in life
- Bad physical condition, unhealthy diet, feeling tired all the time
- In a very unfulfilling job
- I have accepted the divorce
- Overcame my dependency on others for validation and love
- Overcame my feeling of shame and unworthiness after the divorce
- Developed a healthy lifestyle and lost unwanted weight
- Now building a new life in a foreign country
- Currently in a career transition and building a business
Being in the wrong marriage is a deadly mistake. It has taken 4 years of my life of constant worry and anxiety, not being able to move on for being legally tied up to someone who does not have your best interest, and using every bit of energy and hope to try to survive and still try to live a somewhat normal life ( The sad news is that it is still not over).
Discovering personal development was the single thing that gave me some hope and saved my life.
So now I am just so crazy passionate about personal development because I experienced its power to the core of my being, and I am committed to share it with all my readers.
If you are going through something similar, or if you just want to learn so that you can avoid the mistakes that I made, you are in the right place.
Everybody has the same story, we just have different details
My commitment to you is that you will always have my genuine sincere opinion on things I have either:
- Experienced myself
- I deeply thought of
- I feel strongly about
Founder of fromwithin.net